Thursday, March 19, 2015

On Cloud 9

March 18th & 19th, 2015

Sun starting to rise.

I don't think I've ever woken up at 2 AM for anything before. I honestly don't even know what possessed us to willingly wake up at this absurd hour to hike an active volcano. With maybe 4 or 5 hours of sleep we all put an excessive amount of effort to roll out of bed. We had to meet Edi (Our driver) down the road at 2:30 AM to drive 1.5 hours to the bottom of the volcano.

Upon arrival, we got assigned to a trekking guide, who we climbed this very steep volcano with for 1.5 hours at 4 in the morning. Her name was Nyoman and while her english wasn't the best however, she was really great and focused on our health and safety the whole trek.

When we got to the top of the volcano after the toughest climb we've all ever experienced, it's was freezing up there. Vee asked Nyoman how many times a week she guides people up and she said every single morning. I really don't think I would be able to wake up that early every day and hike up a mountain for hours!

Literally above the clouds!

Fun fact: In Bali there are only 4 names for either boy or girl and so depending on whether your first, second, third or fourth born will determine your name. I believe that first born is Wiyan ("why-an"), second is Made (pronounced "Ma-day"), third is Nyoman ("Nee-ohh-man") and last is Ketut ("Kuh-tut"). If there's a fifth child they start over, we all thought this was pretty interesting.

We waited at the top for about 45 minutes until the sun started to rise. Once it was finally risen, the scenery we were seeing before us was quite amazing. We were literally above the clouds at 6 in the morning after a gruelling hike, watching the sun come up from behind the mountains of Bali. 

After some sweet pictures and having enough of the cold weather, we commenced our descent. One hour later and some very full bladders we were finally at the bottom again and ready to go home. Naturally, we were very tired so when we arrived back to Villa Lebah we laid down to relax and nap away our fatigued bodies.

Going back down.

Other than eating, we literally didn't do anything for the rest of the day. Although, the trek was fun and beautiful I'm not sure how worth it is was because it f#cked up our whole day. Sleep deprivation doesn't sit well with us. Brunch at Alchemy and dinner at Clear Cafe, good food good day = time for bed!

Daily.
---------------
Skipped the gym this morning, we were way too tired and we had to go over to Radiantly Alive for our colon hydrotherapy at 9:30AM and 11AM. Around 9 we left the house and walked over to RA and one at a time we got our colons cleaned and detoxed. This was my second time and Vee's first, she was nervous to start with but that quickly went away after I finished mine and explained to her how well it went and how good I was feeling.

Most people might think it's weird and that we're crazy but when it comes to my health there isn't much I wouldn't do. This won't be my last colonic and I'm proud to say that the last 4 years of being vegan has truly paid off. The hydrotherapist said that my colon was really healthy and strong. I know that this is an improvement from my last 3 years ago because last time during the session I had a lot more cramping and more waste came out. 

Yes!

This time there was no cramping and barely any waste, this is proof of how amazing a plant based lifestyle really is. Three years ago I had only been vegan for about 7 months and my body was still very toxic from all the animal and processed foods I was previously ingesting. Now three years later I'm clean as a whistle and I'm very proud of myself for staying healthy all this time.

After the colonic we grabbed some good food at Bali Buda then Vee and I helped Jay find some trinkets to bring home, since it's his last day in Indonesia. After a bit of looking around we found some stuff and headed back to the Villa. We relaxed as always and basically waited for it to be time to eat again. 

Yum yum!

Unanimously decided, diner was officially going to be had at Taco Casa again. Jay had a veggie enchilada, Vee had a veggie burrito and me a Taco salad bowl! So so so delicious and satisfying. Time for bed now so we can wake up with lots of energy for the gym in the morning.

Taco Casa bathroom door... Lol

A bientot,
Janelle Brine

No comments:

Post a Comment